Tuesday, August 28, 2012

WOW! How WBT doesn't leave me tired!

We're into the third week of school, 2nd full week, and I am really enjoying using Whole Brain Teaching in my classroom. My kids are doing great at class/yes and teach/okay.  I love that I can integrate the movements in with the small chunks of learning to help my students really grasp a concept. It amazes me!  I leave the school day enjoying what I've done even more and I'm really not as tired as I used to be. Whole Brain Teaching has helped me find my inner elementary student and I think my passion for the teaching methods shows in the results I am getting from my students.  Several students who I was told would be "low" this year are performing!  I have seen them become motivated to do a great job and feel that they can actually accomplish what might have been difficult. 

I LOVE the Power Pix wall.  I really like that it can be used to teach concepts, but then review them when you are transitioning or need just a moment to regroup.  Simple, basic concepts broken down into parts that can easily be triggered in the memory just by using  movement.  Amazing.

I'm getting ready to introduce the Super Improvers Wall.  From what I have read on others blogs, it will really help in motivating my students to do well.  I would much rather focus on the positive rather than the negative. I know my students need the positive encouragement as well. 

Oh Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment